Sunday, July 22, 2012

Instagram Tales of Pretty Nails








INSTAGRAM,INSTAGRAM,INSTAGRAM.            
These seem to be the only kind of pictures you ever see anymore, whether they are monopolizing your timeline via muppies to FB or Twitpics on Twitter.  Don’t get me wrong, I myself am the InstaQueen- I started using the app back when they only had like six filter options (how did we live like that?!) and you were cool if you had two likes on a picture. This year, Instagram is the perfect substitution for a camera- why carry around one more piece of technology that you’ll probably lose by the end of the day, right?! Along with being a self-proclaimed profesh instagrammer, I am an avid liker- showing my appreciation for my fellow instragrammers’ art-whether it be gum on their shoe (#shoe #gum #gumonshoe), their dog lying in the exact position as their previous 15 Instagram (guilty!), or the perfect (and
EXTREMELY rare) selfie and outfit combo.
However, my personal faves for instas are definitely food and a good old nail pic. My obsession with nail polish stems back to 8th grade when I started painting my nails so I wouldn’t bite them (helpful hint!), and they haven’t been naked a day since. Some current trends with nail polish this year have been the shatter, glitter, confetti, random-unrelated-ring-finger, mirror metals, intricate designs,  inside out frenchies, and more! And with it being summer, everyone’s dying to show off their tan by wearing brights and pastels. Thanks to OPI and Essie: your wish is their command. It’s how us artsy folk (the Instagram photographers and professional bloggers) express ourselves! Plus who doesn’t love a great tan enhancement? This is one app I don’t see dying out in the near future- so keep those nail pics coming!                           

Special thanks to these ladies and their awesome instagrams in today's post:

Nicolette Killen 
Kristen Carden
Kelly Luker
Marlee Newman


Kara Braunstein
Shikha Gupta
Amy Salamon
Katie Hammaker
XO, RG & NB


No comments:

Post a Comment