Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ring Fling


When it comes to jewelry, every fashion lover has her favorite type , or in my case , ultimate weakness. Rathi won’t leave the house without the perfect pair of earrings on (keep your eyes peeled for a future post !), whereas I feel incomplete without one or more rings perched on various fingers. I’m one of those shoppers who will have everything all decided when I get to the counter, have already put back a top or skirt so as to not go over my budget for the day, only to arrive at the counter and see the ring display… And disaster strikes. I’ll spring for a more expensive cocktail ring every now and then if it’s very versatile and will go with a number of different outfits or occasions, but I tend to stick with more reasonable $10 or under purchases from Forever 21 or H&M so that it’s not as big of a deal if they break or I lose them. 

My biggest splurge this past semester occurred while i was conveniently shopping Stella and Dot for Rathi's 21st birthday present (oops). Pictured below is my Stella and Dot 'Aurora Cocktail Ring' (Stelladot.com, $49).

       

Stella and Dot is great if you have a little extra money to spend or are looking for quality jewelry that will last and won’t turn your fingers green (haha). It’s also a great place to shop for gifts- I got Rathi a gorgeous pair of earrings for her 21st, and my mom a pair for Mother’s Day!

But as I mentioned, I usually stick to the cheaper side when it comes to my rings, so that I can afford a wider variety to match any and every outfit! 

Mine (left to right): Turquoise Stone (Forever 21, approx. $5), Black Rose (Forever 21, approx. $3), Silver Giraffe (Gift from Italy from Rathi!)
Rathi's (left to right): Orange Stone (H&M, approx. $8), Multicolored Tribal (Urban Outfitters, approx. $20-25, Turquoise Stone (India, less than $10)

Reader Contributions:

Axelle E.'s (left):  Turquoise Multi-Stone (top right, Target, approx. $5-7), White Rock (bottom left, H&M, approx. $2-3), All others from Glitter for $1
Nichole B.'s (right): Sparkle Flower (top left, F21, $4), Multi-layered and Turquoise (top right, TJ Maxx, $10 and $12), Silver (bottom left, Dillards, $15), White Multi-Stone (bottom right, F21 $3)

And if you're looking for a super splurge (Christmas or birthday list material from the p's maybe?), our fave post grad has a few ideas for you:

Shikha G.'s (left to right): 'Petite Albion' Ring with Diamonds and Onyx (David Yurman, online), 'Elsa Peretti Open Heart Ring' (Tiffany & Co., $255) 

In summary, places to find great, inexpensive rings for $2-$15:
-Dillard's
-Forever 21
-H&M
-Target

And if you can afford to spend a little (or a lot) more, i.e. $20-$250+:
-Urban Outfitters
-Nordstrom
-Stella and Dot (online or through reps)
-David Yurman
-Tiffany & Co.

I wholeheartedly encourage y'all to rock some finger candy- every size, shape, and color ring adds its own twist to any outfit!
_____

XO, RG & NB




No comments:

Post a Comment